Buying review Audi A6 (C7) 2011-2018 Common Issues Engines Inspection￼
Hello everybody and welcome at another car buyers review, today we will put the Audi A6 to an inspection.
In this particular inspection we look at the Audi A6, the generation C7 that was built between 2011 and 2018, this was the fourth generation A6. This car was yet another big step up from Audi in the battle of the big three, Mercedes, BMW and Audi.
Main competition is the BMW 5-series and the Mercedes-Benz E-class.
The A6 is available with a wide variety of engines, from frugal diesels to a big V8. Available with front wheel drive or four wheel quattro, in body models sedan, avant of the little big more rugged Allroad.
For drivers that want the best of the line-up there is an S6 and RS6. The latter is the fastest.
Most of the attention points that i mention here also apply to S6 and RS6.
The facelift of the car was in 2014, the facelift is mainly recognizable through new LED’s in the headlight and taillights.
Let’s take a look at some of the cars strong points.
- Beautiful interior
- Frugal diesels
Let’s check the attention points of the Audi A6
- The 2.0 liter TFSI from Volkswagen and Audi is well known for its oil consumption, engines from 2012 and later are a little better the ones from 2016 are improved again. The 2.0 litre was also available for the A6. Sometimes guarantee or coulance was or is possible. There are many specialists now specialising in analysing the sources of the problems. These problems are also apply for the 1.8 and 3.0 TSFI.
- The 7 gear s-tronic has to shift smoothly, flushing the gearbox can sometimes prevent problems from happening. It is always a good idea and will extend longevity of the gearbox. Flushing the gearbox and filling it up with new oil. The multitronic gearbox was sometimes called multi-trauma in the past, that is not really fair no more, the gearbox works fine just a little bit different then other automatic gearboxes, test drive the car to see if it fits your needs.
- Another issue is the fact that the electrical handbrake sometimes gets stuck.
- The navigation screen does sometimes not fold smoothly, improved parts are available.
- If you pick air suspension, check for squeaks and rattles during driving, the rubbers of the supporting arms are useally the source of the sound, you could have them replaced by rubbers from the Audi RS5. These are more rugged.
- The lock of the fillercap of most Audi’s will break on most Audi’s
- Some people and journalists complain about the vage and unaccurate steering feeling of the A6. Some of these complains can be fixed with the use of software updates. These problems are most commen with the early production years of the A6
- Rattling chain at the cold start of the 3.0 liter TDI. This was truly an imbarresing problem for Audi, since 2016 they fixed it with the use of a new type of chaintentioners.
Thanks for watching the buying review of the Audi A6, hope this review was useful if so, subscribe to my channel to get more buying reviews.